Wondrous Love

This is just a little something I wrote over 2 years ago, but when I found it again, I was so encouraged by the truth of God's love for me all over again. I hope that you will be too!

O Love That Will Not Let Me Go

O Love, that will not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in Thee;
I give Thee back the life I owe,
that in thine ocean depths its flow
may richer, fuller be, may richer, fuller be,
May richer, fuller be!

O Light that followest all my way,
I yield my flickering torch to Thee;
my heart restores its borrowed ray,
that in thy sunshine's blaze its day
may brighter, fairer be, may brighter fairer be,
May brighter, fairer be!

O Joy, that seekest me through pain,
I cannot close my heart to thee;
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
and feel the promise is not vain
that morn shall tearless be, that morn shall tearless be,
That morn shall tearless be!

O cross that liftest up my head,
I dare not ask to fly from thee;
I lay in dust life's glory dead,
from the ground the promise said
that life shall endless be, that life shall endless be,
That life shall endless be!


I think God's key word for me right now is love. Such a simple word to describe such a extraordinary action. I've grown up hearing over and over again, "God loves you!" I've said it time and time again, but do I know what it means? Not yet. I catch glimpses of the magnitude and brilliance of His love, and oh! I treasure the thought of exploring its depths for an eternity!

Isn't is amazing that the greatest understanding of God's love comes out of our sin and suffering? Until I felt the weight, hopelessness, and disgust in myself of habitual sin, I did not feel the ecstasy of the the enveloping warmth of God's unconditional love for me. ME. the chief of sinners. the one who has turned my back on Him time and time again to pursue my own desires and worldly pleasures. If only I knew the immensity of His love for me. If only that knowledge would keep me from turning from Him. And yet, He loves me. Every time I plug my ears to His gentle voice calling my name, and I reject His love yet again, still He pours forth gentle streams, then coursing currents, and crashing falls of all-consuming love.

My God, my God, how can You love one such as I? When You know my every wicked thought, and every evil deed, How do You yet wrap me in Your tender arms? When You have felt the sting of my betrayal, and grieved over my rebellion, do You yet draw me close? Oh, what wondrous love is this! This Love that will not let me go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Daily Posho

Washing Clothes

I've Persevered!