Margaret

Thank you so much for all of the prayers you have offered up for me since my last blog! I have definitely found strength, encouragement, peace, and comfort through your prayers and mine in situations that would have been so defeating otherwise.

One of the greatest joys and blessings to me for the past several weeks has been my new language helper, Margaret. My concerns with my last language helper, Diana, (not as a friend, but as a teacher) led to one of the challenging situations that I've had to face here, but I really do believe the Lord has worked in some incredible ways, and I have been blessed abundantly with a new teacher, helper, and friend in Margaret.

(I just stopped to look at this picture from an American perspective and noticed the bare light bulb and exposed wires in the background.... I guess the fact that I don't even think twice about it anymore says something....I'll leave you to decide what that is :) )

Margaret is quite the busy lady! She teaches the Christian Religious Education classes at a local secondary school (high school), and came highly recommended to me as a person and a teacher. I can definitely say she's wonderful!! With her, I've had the consistency and progress that I've been so desiring my whole time here. She's not only a wonderful language helper, but she's also been a great source of wisdom and insight into the people and culture around me. As the mother of 5 children, a high school teacher, a clinic owner, and a believer in Jesus Christ, she has a wealth of experience in so many areas of life, and she is more than willing to share that wisdom with me.

Along with Margaret, I've had an added blessing of a new friend! Sharon works in Margaret's husband's herbal clinic, and on the occasional days Margaret can't be with me, Sharon helps. She's 26 years old, and working on finishing her degree in developmental studies next year, Lord willing. She has been a wonderful encouragement to me here, and I'm so thankful for the friendship the Lord is forging between us.

While there have been, and will continue to be some discouraging days, my God has been proved faithful time and time again. He never ceases to amaze me with the ways that He chooses to encourage and comfort me, and I'm so grateful for the two wonderful sisters He has placed in my life!!

Comments

  1. I'm glad that God is showing you HIS provisions daily. Friends are really important too! Good to hear that you are progressing in learning the language. May God's blessings be richly upon you and your work. Love in Christ, Peggy Blask

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there any way I can get a copy of that "goats are great" poster in the background? Haha! I love you Melody and I pray for you often!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Daily Posho

Washing Clothes

I've Persevered!