New House!

I am so excited to tell you all that the Lord has provided a new place for me to live! Sean and Linda Tyler, long term missionaries here in Mbale, invited me to live in their guest home that's in their compound behind their house, so I moved in the first week of December, and it's been full steam ahead ever since!

I learned so much in the past 6 months living with an African family, and I'm so grateful for my time there. I'm also just as excited to be able to live alongside the Tylers who have welcomed me in with open arms.

My first lesson in home maintenance came the day after moving in when the chain to the handle of my toilet broke! I can now not only fix the problem, but I learned how to flush a toilet with a bucket of water too. I definitely feel just a little bit less like an ignorant white girl :)

I'll post more details (and pics!) as soon as I can finally finish unpacking and moving in. Until then, I pray the Lord's blessings on each of you in this Christmas season as we remember the birth of our Savior!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Daily Posho

Washing Clothes

I've Persevered!