Yes, Change is a good thing!



As a missionary, change is just part of the job description! I guess it’s a good thing God made me the adventuresome type, ‘cause each new change definitely brings yet another adventure!

Now you may be clued in by now that since I’m talking about change, that must be because there’s been another change. I know, rocket science. And you would be right! 

As of this month I have officially transferred from being a missionary with Tentmakers Bible Mission to a wonderful ministry called HUM (Hines Ugandan Ministries). I know, how appropriate (being called Melody and all…)!  This ministry was started in 1999 by a wonderful lady named Katherine Hines. While I was in Uganda, I was so impressed by her staff and ministry that I began praying about if the Lord would want me to partner with her. You know what He said? YES! 

HUM’s ministry is pretty extensive, but the parts that I will be participating in are the primary school and the AWANA club. Katherine has asked me to help lead what is currently the largest single AWANA we know of in Uganda! With between 600-800 kids and only 12 teachers on average, I definitely have my work cut out for me! Since I grew up in AWANA and absolutely LOVE the program, I’m ecstatic to be able to pass my love for memorizing God’s word on to the leaders and kids! I’m also quite a bit nervous and sure that I don’t know exactly what I’m getting into!

Teaching AWANA

 Genesis Primary School is a very new ministry of HUM and currently has 2 grades with the hope to add another grade each year. My goal and challenge will be to make sure that the kids attending the school are getting not only a good education, but also a strong foundation in the word of God. That’s something my mom did for me by homeschooling me, and something I believe is essential for the spiritual growth of these kids. 
My love and passion for the kids in Uganda has only grown from my first year there, and I am more than excited to go back and love on those kids along side of Katherine! I also know that I have a whole slew of challenges I can’t even imagine right now ahead of me, and am, as always, in desperate need of your prayers! 


p.s. If you want to learn more about HUM, check out their website HERE

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Daily Posho

Washing Clothes

I've Persevered!