Of Blood Tests and Roses

Of Blood Tests

Trips into Kampala, the capitol city are always exciting for me. They promise wonderful food, fun shopping, and the satisfaction of finding things that are not available anywhere in Mbale.

This past weekend's trip had one additional goal for me: have my A1C blood test done...for the first time in way too long due to my nervous procrastination. The A1C is a test used for diagnosing diabetes, and I had my first bad results while I was still in college. I still remember the shock of that initial phone call from the doctor telling me a I had diabetes. For over 4 years, I struggled to fix myself, but failed in every attempt. Then, without medical explanation, Jesus healed me. That was just over 2 years ago, right before I moved to Uganda.

This time as I went for testing, I was super nervous. For one thing, I didn't know what to expect from the Ugandan lab, and for two I was desperately trying to keep myself from imagining what a bad result would mean. I should know by now not to doubt the goodness of God in all circumstances, but apparently I'm still learning!

After waiting just a few short hours fro the results, I nervously took them from the receptionist. They were the best I've had since I was first diagnosed!! I am just so excited right now, I can't even express the joy and relief! I am so very grateful for my initial healing, and how the Lord has kept me well these past 2 years!





Of Roses

Some years back, I began seeing how the Lord used beautiful things to speak to me and show me His love. A beautiful sunset, a soaring bird, a creamy frangipani on the rust red ground. So many little things in the everyday that made you stop for just a moment and marvel at the beauty of life, and the wonder of this world the Lord has given us to live in. I can't even count how many times the Lord has stopped me in my tracks to make me gaze at one of his beautiful creations. Each time is like a hug straight from His arms.



So when I found these gorgeous roses at a flower shop in Kampala, my weekend was made complete! I've never seen this color of roses in Uganda, but they are definitely my all time favorite! So many times I've stopped to admire them in the States in a King Soopers, Albertsons, or Safeway floral section, but I've never found them on this side of the world. Finding them here was the final stamp of joy on this past weekend!

For the past couple of months, I've been reflecting on the very great responsibility and privilege it is to teach and show these little ones how much the Lord loves and values each one of them. This past weekend was full of vivid reminders of just how much Jesus loves and values me too. From the very important things like healing from disease, to the small joys like fresh flowers, Jesus sees and cares about every single thing in my life. I am reminded time and time again, that without first receiving Jesus's love for me, I won't be able to pour love out on these little ones. Unless I have opened my eyes to the daily ways Jesus showers His care and pleasure on me, and opened my arms wide to receive those blessings, I won't be able to in turn shower those on my precious kiddos. But when my eyes are opened to see, and my heart is opened to rejoice, this life and ministry is full indeed!!!

This weekend it was the confirmation of supernatural healing, and the gift of exquisite beauty that brought me to my knees in gratitude. I can't wait to see what it will be today and tomorrow, and the next day!

Comments

  1. Ahhhh!!! Yay! I am praising our Father with you, Melanie! What beautiful and precious gifts He gave you last week. Obviously the blood test is the best news, but the roses just made me want to cry--it's a gift not needed, not expected, so rare, so beautiful, so simple, and our Heavenly Father sent them to you. :) We are so loved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They made me want to cry too!! I am so privileged to be His daughter! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Daily Posho

Washing Clothes

I've Persevered!