Wow! What a week! The past 9 days have definitely been the craziest I've had since leaving school! Recap: Drove for 2 days out to Kalamazoo, MI for the Independent Fundamental Churches of America convention. The purpose was not only to be refreshed by the preaching and teaching of God's Word, but also to make contacts and network with pastors who might allow me to come speak at their church about my upcoming mission in Uganda. Just before we arrived in MI, we received word that a dear, godly man in our church had died. We made plans to leave a day earlier than we had planned to get back to the Springs in time for the funeral. The conference was wonderful, albeit a bit draining.

On Thursday my pastor, Jeff, his wife Nancy, and my two friends Catherine and Eric and I all drove through the night to arrive at 6:30 in the morning in the Springs. The family had been so good as to ask me to accompany for one of the granddaughters who was singing an arrangement of His Eye is on the Sparrow, so we rehearsed at 9:00 and the funeral started at 11. It was a beautiful service that honored the work of God's grace in the life of Gary Anderson. His son gave an incredible tribute to the incredible things that God had done through his servant Gary. What a privilege it was to be a part of the service. Thank you, Gary and Barb for your wonderful testimony of God's love and grace to all those around you.

Yesterday, I was also blessed to attend the wedding of one of my close friends growing up, Rachel. We've known each other for so long, it was a bit strange to watch her get married. It was also an incredible time of joy and rejoicing in the faithfulness of God to provide every good and perfect gift. Congratulations, Rachel, and may the Lord pour out His blessing on you, your husband, and your marriage!

This past week I have been reminded of Ecclesiastes when it says there is a time for everything: a time for weeping and a time for rejoicing. The past 2 days have seen both, and how grateful I am for the goodness of God that provides comfort and strength through all the seasons of life. I have done nothing to deserve the love and commitment of such and incredible God, but how thankful and humbled I am that He has chosen to bestow His favor upon me. Oh Lord, my God, how great Thou art!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Daily Posho

Washing Clothes

I've Persevered!