Christmas with my family was definitely the highlight of this trip, especially since I wasn't sick for it this year! Christmas has always been a really big deal in my family, and really a magical time since I was young, so it was such a joy to experience it again. Especially watching it through the eyes of my 3 nephews!
What I'm looking forward to the most about going back....
- Giving out Christmas presents to my loved ones there!
- Being greeted by my 164 kids at Genesis
- Giving out more hugs in 1 week than I have in the past 3 months combined (most of my kids want more than one!)
- Playing my piano and learning the new music that I got while I was here
- Driving on the newly paved roads of Mbale...after 1 1/2 years of them being completely torn up!
What I'm not so excited about....
- Negotiating another year of rent with the landlady
- Figuring out what my little blessing car needs to be ok again
As always, I would so love your prayers, especially as I'm flying back and currently have a head cold!
Happy New Year everyone!!